Sunday 28 October 2012

April 1st 1905 - Arrive in Saskatoon

I started on the 18th day of March 1905 landing Saskatoon on the first day of April about ten o'clock in the evening and it was a Railway tressel bridge with it so we had to be brought across the river by the Saskatchewan ocean liner called a Ferry Boat. We were almost frozen waiting our turns to be taken across. We got safely landed however.

I had with me my two boys, one sixteen years old (Nathaniel - my great-great-grandfather P.B), the other five (Robert Jr. - P.B.), leaving my wife (Rose Hannah Robinson - P.B.) to come later on. Well we must have a place to sleep all the hotels and boarding houses were full, the immigration hall full also scarlet fever in the place so I could not take my small boy in anyway.

At last they put us in the attic of the Carlton boarding house, it was a little better than being outside but not very much as it was a very cold night and snowing in the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment